[WikiEN-l] Re: Template madness

Frank Pinter francis.pinter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 20:49:57 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:02:48 +0000 (UTC),
<pete_pcb21_wpmail at pcbartlett.com> wrote:

> David Gerard wrote:
> > Pete/Pcb21 (pete_pcb21_wpmail at pcbartlett.com) [050206 10:30]:
>
> > {{unreferenced}} has attracted references. Check my talk page.
>
> I am glad some templates are getting a response :).
> It does really get on my nerves though that if I have a specific comment
> on how a particular article might be improved, I have to use the talk
> page, but for some reason general comments that might apply to lots of
> pages (i.e. those that are ripe for templatizing) are allowed to be on
> the article page. It's illogical and not neat.
>
> Pete/Pcb21

Some of the templates, for example {{NPOV}}, provide as a warning to
the reader that "this article has problems, we are working on it" so
they should be kept on the page. Others, for example {{wikify}} would
probably be better on the talk page for clutter reasons.

Maybe there's already a discussion about that at [[Template
talk:Wikify]] but I'm just stating my opinion.

--
Double ROT13 Encoded - circumvention will be prosecuted.