[WikiEN-l] Titanic, illustrated

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Fri Apr 15 16:22:08 UTC 2005

Rick said:

> --- Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> wrote:
>>The matter seems to be settled, somewhat,
>> by now with a
>> close-up of Winslet that doesn't challenge
>> sensibilities, though.
>
> It's only settled because the image was bowdlerized
> while the ifd discussion was still going on.

In my opinion the image there now (which is of far superior resolution)
shows all the essential elements of the scene.  In particular, her face is
clearer and you can see the jewel hanging at her throat.  She's obviously
naked though this is implied rather than explicit.  The nipple isn't
essential to the picture, though I find it quite baffling that it has
caused so many people to kick up a fuss.  Having said that, I was also
utterly baffled by the fuss over the 2004 Superbowl, as were most of my
countrymen.