[WikiEN-l] Titanic, illustrated

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Apr 15 16:16:13 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:07:48AM -0700, Rick wrote:

> --- Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> wrote:
> >The matter seems to be settled, somewhat,
> > by now with a
> > close-up of Winslet that doesn't challenge
> > sensibilities, though.
>
> It's only settled because the image was bowdlerized
> while the ifd discussion was still going on.

Do you think the new image doesn't serve the purposes of the article as
well as the old image?  If so, I encourage you to support that opinion
and, if I find myself in agreement, I'd throw my support behind your
opinion insofar as I'm willing to even be involved in the discussion.  I
haven't heard/seen any indication that anyone thinks this new image is
worse than the previous, and the consensus seems (from my extremely
limited investigation) to be that it's actually a better image, with the
possible exception of this one comment from you.  Please correct me if
I'm wrong.

--
Chad Perrin
[ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.apotheon.org ]