[WikiEN-l] I just blocked someone for 9999 hours 1 more thing

Pedro Fortuny pfortuny at sdf-eu.org
Tue May 11 11:36:15 UTC 2004

I agree with Theresa; even though it is quite slower and burdening, it
really is more honest (assume good faith until the user proves he cannot
be trusted).

Anyway, the thing is really annoying.

Pedro.

* KNOTT, T <tknott at qcl.org.uk> [2004-05-11]:

>    Calm down Danny. You are overreacting.
>

>    Firstly  you  don't  need quickpolls, and you don't need to go through
>    speedy deletions.
>

>    But  you  don't  need  to  be  so  harsh either. This is just some kid
>    mucking  about.  We deal with this kind of thing all the time. (well I
>    do anyway) I go through a procedure
>

>    1)        Talk page. You must warn them on their talk page first. It's
>    only polite. Tell him he can't take down wikipedia, so give up. Invite
>    him to contribute properly.
>
>    2)       Talk page again. Stern warning this time
>
>    3)        delete nonsense articles and protect real ones as necessary,
>    explain what you are doing
>
>    4)       Block for 24 hours
>
>    5)       Block for longer if necessary
>

>    I rarely get to stage 5

Pedro Fortuny Ayuso: http://pfortuny.sdf-eu.org
Colegio Mayor Peñafiel, Universidad de Valladolid
C/ Estudios 6, 47005 Valladolid, Spain -->        www.cmpenafiel.org
pfortuny at sdf-eu.org                         Tfn. Nr. 34  983  298277