[WikiEN-l] I just blocked someone for 9999 hours 1 more thing

KNOTT, T tknott at qcl.org.uk
Tue May 11 11:29:37 UTC 2004

Calm down Danny. You are overreacting.

Firstly you don't need quickpolls, and you don't need to go through speedy deletions.

But you don't need to be so harsh either. This is just some kid mucking about. We deal with this kind of thing all the time. (well I do anyway) I go through a procedure

1)       Talk page. You must warn them on their talk page first. It's only polite. Tell him he can't take down wikipedia, so give up. Invite him to contribute properly.
2)       Talk page again. Stern warning this time
3)       delete nonsense articles and protect real ones as necessary, explain what you are doing
4)       Block for 24 hours
5)       Block for longer if necessary

I rarely get to stage 5