[WikiEN-l] Edit War on Wikipedia:Conflicts between users

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 00:48:25 UTC 2004

Geoff Burling wrote:
>But it seems to me that when someone enters into an
>edit war over certain pages on Wikipedia, it should be
>grounds for some kind of serious reprimand, such as a
>ban for 1 to 3 days.

Well we do business everywhere we edit around on Wikipedia, so I'll repeat my
position that a pattern of entering into edit wars with non-obvious vandals
should be considered a banable offense on a three strike basis (three such
edit wars within a certain time period, perhaps).

Confrontational people and those who don't care much about NPOV get into edit
wars often. We want to encourage cooperation and NPOV edits, no?

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)