[WikiEN-l] Please stop the censorship.

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 22:23:46 UTC 2004

Martin (MyRedDice) and Viajero are still engaged in
censorship of the article on "Palestinian views of the
peace process". While Danny deleted the entire article at
once, Martin and Viajero started a series of over a dozen
edits, removing each quote one at a time. They think that
no one will notice, perhaps?

The result is the same. They are deleting most of the
_content_ of the article, resulting in the same censorship
that a small but growing consensus here has condemned.

Their justifications on the Talk page contain no
references, no facts and no sources. They just have added
dozens of paragraphs of personal opinion, and are using
their own personal interpretations as grounds to delete all
this material. That is not acceptable.

If it is wrong when person X does it, it is wrong when
anyone does it. Thus, I am reverting their mass deletions.

The article, of course, does need some work. For instance,
it would be a good idea to include a wider array of
Palestinian views. The views of the average Palestinian are
not given by the Palestinian Authority alone. A great many
Palestinians sympathise with, and are members of, Hamas and
Palestinian Islamic Jihad. They have their own views of the
Peace Process with Israel, and these views should be
reported. (Many members in these groups think that no such
peace process should exist; they think Israel should be
removed sooner rather than later.)

We can also add more views of Palestinians in the pro-peace
camp. Ironically, none of the pro-Arab people here have
done anything of the sort. They just delete material. The
only person who has added any well-referenced quotes at all
showing this was *me*. So much for the false claims that
people keep hurling at me.

Also, we should add views of the Peace process by the
European Union, Russia, the USA and Israel.

What we must NOT do, however, is delete material that
pro-Arab apologists find uncomfortable. That is not
scholarship; that is just anti-Israeli propaganda. The
censorship is POV. The only way to keep NPOV is give a wide
array of Palestinian views, with quotes and sources, and
allow readers to make up their own mind.

On a related note, I also am disturbed that Martin is still
making non-stop personal attacks on me on my own home page.
As you all have seen, I was not discussing anything at all
with him...he just came at me full throttle when this issue
came up. He knows that such harassment is not acceptable.
Stick to editing in an NPOV fashion, and stop trying to
create a flame war. We have an encyclopedia to build.

Robert (RK)