[WikiEN-l] Re: [roy_q_royce at hotmail.com: --A RequestRE aWIKIArticle--]

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 00:16:53 UTC 2003

--- Roy Royce <roy_q_royce at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [Mr. Poor wrote:]
>
> >Mr. Royce,
>
> >Please do not call other list members names or otherwise make
> nasty
> >personal remarks.
>
> >    "Mr. Tim Starling is either a liar or an easily-fooled
> person."
>
> Which is worse, calling someone a liar or libel?
>
> As you should know, libel is a false publication, as in writing,
> print,
> signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.

Mr. Royce,

When an administrator as busy as Ed Poor takes time to pen a message
to remind you to be civil and courteous to members of this project,
please be kind enough to acknowledge his advice, and be mature enough
to thank him for his direction.

The reminders he pointed to you are not solely his personal views,
but those of the wikipedia group, and while we like to entertain each
other to some degree, we all realize that we are working together to
build an encyclopedia, and that working together means to be civil
and courteous to one another regardless of our differing views and
opinions.

Thank you for taking the time to read these words.

=====
Christopher Mahan
chris_mahan at yahoo.com
818.943.1850 cell