[WikiEN-l] Effing Gaia Theory

Julie Kemp juleskemp at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 00:47:40 UTC 2003

Robert -- what part of "you are becoming tiresome pushing your
anti-Anthere agenda " don't you get?

At present, every one of your Gaia e-mails comes across to the readers
as an attack on Anthere.  Several of us have asked you to back off for a
bit and give it (and all of us) a rest.  Could you please just do that?

Great that you are finding stuff to support your view.  Have to say,
though, that based on almost two years of participation and observation
here, not to mention having some research experience myself, I know very
well that it's easy to find information on one's own agenda, and that
some people, including you, have not always been up front about evidence
that might support another POV.  I say this in full knowledge that it
may bring on one of your pre-emptive strikes, BTW.

I am not a scientist, and I have to say that my first thoughts when
hearing the words 'Gaia Theory' have a lot more to do with all that
mystical/philosophical/religious stuff -- basically, that's the first
context I heard them in, probably in popular fiction or boredly browsing
in a New Age shop while the husband checked out Eastern Philosophy  My
point is, I'm not sure it's as cut and dried as you want to make it out
to be, and your constant barrage of e-mails makes it very hard for
people who might want to help resolve the issues to actually give them
serious thought.

Please just give us a break