[WikiEN-l] Fwd: My Wikipedia Rant

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Sun Aug 31 20:18:11 UTC 2003

Gutza wrote:

> I think banning him would probably prove the point that Wikipedia
> isn't completely unregulated. But then again, it would probably also
> prove that we're fascists to such a person. Not banning him would
> prove him that Wikipedia is unreliable. Talking about him proves that
> we're a bunch of losers who have nothing better to do. So I think
> ignoring the guy would probably be the best thing to do, along with
> keeping an eye on his IP and reverting his changes, should some more
> occur in the future.

I want to talk to this guy.
His opinions of wikipedia aside -- does he really derive amusement from
causing damage to something other people have worked hard on?
I thought humans grew out of the "kicking sandcastles" phase in late
adolescence.
Anyway, this is something I'll maybe raise on MeatBall.
:)