[WikiEN-l] threats and abuse from IP user

J. Noel Chiappa jnc at lcs.mit.edu
Sun Aug 24 01:17:03 UTC 2003

     > From: "james duffy" <jtdirl at hotmail.com>

     > An anonymous user appeared ... The user in question proceeded to
     > re-insert his anti-zionist rant and verbally abuse everyone else who
     > touched it. ... When he continued abusing other users .. I blocked him.
     > He then came back as a new IP added in the same POV stuff and called
     > people ''fucking morons'', ''fucking hypocrites, etc
     > Among his talk page comments were

     >> <Sarcasm> Yes, I'll admit it: everyone here on Wikipedia is a paid
     >> propogandist for the worldwise Zionist colonialist genocidal
     >> conspiracy! That's why we have articles on Israeli terrorism and Deir
     >> Yassin massacre, and why the Palestinian page doesn't even *contain*
     >> the words "terror" or "terrorist" or "terrorism". </Sarcasm>

Ahh, you seem to have been (in part) tripped up by a confusing edit. That's
not stuff added by an anonymous user, that's some stuff I added *replying* to
the anonymous poster, which got separated from my signature line (a bit
further down) by an intervening comment added later (by Cema). (I have now
put the two parts of my comment back together.) The anon poster said:

     >>> The more you ugly baboons try to control things and hide the truth,
     >>> the more you contribute to your own perennial replusiveness.

and I was trying to point out to them that the Wikipedia was hardly a
one-sided, pro-Israel, site.

In your excerpt, you also left out the next two lines of my comment (which
were in front of the split):

     >> What this all *means* is subject to debate. But adding clearly
     >> erroneous claims .. isn't doing any good.

I think you need to take a little longer reading things, because in this case
you have somehow completely misunderstood a fairly straightforward comment; I
would have thought it was obvious from the content that that was *not* the
anonymous poster.

	Noel

PS: I didn't realize that sarcasm wasn't allowed on a Talk page. I *did* flag
it, for goodness' sake.