[Textbook-l] wikiversity licensing

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 23:46:30 UTC 2003

Jimbo wrote:
>Anything released under FDL 1.x or 2.0 with no
>invariant sections, no Front-Cover texts, and no
>Back-Cover texts can be distributed under the
>terms of LFDL 2.0 *or* FDL 2.0.  Anything release
>under FDL 1.x with invariant sections can be released
>under FDL 2.0.
>
>And then LFDL can be simpler and worded carefully
>so as to maximize compatibility with CC SA.

Hm. I think you may be on to something here that we could all agree with; I
get the simplicity and internal copy/paste harmony within Wikimedia that I
want, and Toby et al get to redistribute any Wikimedia material under the CC
Att/SA.

But will it work? Could we wholesale relicense all Wikimedia content under the
LFDL if FDL 2.0 said we could?

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)