[QA] GCI Task

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Wed Nov 27 22:29:39 UTC 2013

Hi Mayank,

Thanks for your contribution. I didn't realize it was from Google Code-in,
I already made some edits (you left out enable-role browsertests, I guessed
at its order, removed some extraneous info, etc.)

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Mayank Madan <maddiemadan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently doing this GCI task,
> http://www.google-melange.com/gci/task/view/google/gci2013/5781683647283200
>
> The page that i have created is
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Browser_testing/setup_instructions

If you follow the link to the parent, you can see this is really part of
Quality Assurance/Browser testing.  So please move the page down to that
level.  When you do so, for consistency I would use sentence capitalization
for "Setup instructions".

> It would be great if someone would assign me the task asap and tell me if
> there is anything wrong with the wiki page that i created

It's good, now you need to fit it into the flow of Browser_testing. The
parent should have a link to it saying what it explains, it should say what
it covers, it should link to the next step of Running_tests, and
Running_tests should link to it for people who need more help setting up.
Putting the "Web" in www :o)

I think it's useful to have this page, but we should be aware that it
overlaps with the setup instructions in
https://github.com/wikimedia/qa-browsertests/blob/master/README.md   I
think if you're running an extension's tests from its own repository you
don't need to install the browsertests code. Anyway the instructions should
be consistent (unlike mediawiki.org's git & gerrit instructions, a maze of
different approaches :o) ).

Cheers,
--
=S Page  Features engineer