[QA] Parsoid self updating on beta cluster

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Fri Dec 6 15:49:48 UTC 2013

Le 05/12/13 22:17, S Page a écrit :
> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Antoine Musso
>     The python script that update the MediaWiki extensions ...
>
> Where is it? Many teams have their own labs servers that they would like
> to update to latest versions of their code and run their own tests. The
> Flow team just ad hoc does git commands and DB updates.

The script is in operations/puppet.git
  files/misc/beta/wmf-beta-autoupdate.py

It is run every six minutes from the jenkins job beta-code-update. That
is basically doing a git pull of core and extensions then run l10n update.

The database are upgraded once per hour with another Jenkins job.

>     Still have to update the "how code is updated article" at:
>      https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Beta/How_code_is_updated
>

> This article points to
> https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/job/beta-code-update/ .  I know
> Jenkins is the way to do continuous integration, but Flow team doesn't
> have the skill set so it sounds daunting; it would still be nice to
> reuse the scripts that Jenkins kicks off.

You could go with a cron job that poll the extension repository and run
the update commands you need whenever a change has been detected.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso