[QA] Parsoid self updating on beta cluster

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 5 21:17:06 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf at free.fr> wrote:

> After a few weeks that is it. Parsoid is updating by itself on the beta
> cluster.
>
> The python script that update the MediaWiki extensions ...

Where is it? Many teams have their own labs servers that they would like to
update to latest versions of their code and run their own tests. The Flow
team just ad hoc does git commands and DB updates.

> Still have to update the "how code is updated article" at:
>  https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Beta/How_code_is_updated

This article points to
https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/job/beta-code-update/ .  I know
Jenkins is the way to do continuous integration, but Flow team doesn't have
the skill set so it sounds daunting; it would still be nice to reuse the
scripts that Jenkins kicks off.

(Or, can I have `labs-vagrant enable-role continuousintegration` along with
a pony :-)  )

Thanks!

--
=S Page  Features engineer