[QA] Parsoid self updating on beta cluster

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Fri Dec 6 15:44:39 UTC 2013

Le 05/12/13 20:44, Antoine Musso a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> After a few weeks that is it. Parsoid is updating by itself on the beta
> cluster.
>
> The python script that update the MediaWiki extensions detects whenever
> the Parsoid git HEAD as changed by looking for the commit date.  If that
> ever happens, it update the npm modules and restart the service running
> on deployment-parsoid2.pmtpa.wmflabs.
>
> In short, it means that once a change is merged for Parsoid it ends up
> on the beta cluster in the next 10 minutes or so.
<snip>

I have been to fast. When double checking the update job today, I
noticed that Parsoid is not restart because of some user credentials
issues (script run as 'mwdeploy' which lacks ssh credentials to connect
to the parsoid instance).

Got two changes pending:

 - one to freeup file descriptors when restarting parsoid:
   https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/99656/

 - the other adapt the beta autoupdater to use a tiny shell wrapper
which execute remote commands to the parsoid instance
   https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/99659/

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso