[Licom-l] Launch: still 2 April?

Huib Laurens Abigor at forgotten-beauty.com
Thu Apr 2 04:09:33 UTC 2009

Ryan Kaldari schreef:
> Any idea how long all of that is going to take?
>
> I don't mean to seem overly anxious, but just on Commons alone there
> are 300+ templates that involve GFDL licensing (72 translations of the
> standard GFDL template along with countless variations and
> personalizations). All of these have to be reviewed and potentially
> modified after the migration is approved. (Not to mention license tags
> that aren't even templated.) That's just one project (out of 500). I
> really don't see how this is going to be possible to pull off in less
> than 3 months. If you guys know something I don't, please clue me in.
>
> Ryan Kaldari

Hello,

When I look at:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:GFDL_license_tags

There are like 150+ gfdl templates on Commons. (the templates in the
category and a some of the gfdl templates that aren't categorised.)
I think the same thing will count for En.wiki

But Ryan is right, it is going to be a lot work the update them all :)

Best regards,

Huib