[Labs-l] ToolLabs back up

John phoenixoverride at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 21:20:48 UTC 2015

This wasnt a case of improvements. This was an emergency patching of a
security hole. All WMF servers had to be updated and rebooted, the only
noticeable reboots where in labs where there isnt redundancy/standby
services that can be swapped into place to prevent down time.

This is not to say that our process went without issues. I will be drafting
a postmortem from the user's perspective with several ideas and suggestions
this weekend.