[Foundation-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 17:20:46 UTC 2006

On 3/30/06, amgine at saewyc.net <amgine at saewyc.net> wrote:
> I think this response neatly proves Angela's point: en.Wikipedia is not
> interested in collaboration, but wishes to have a separate wiki for itself

Please, please don't generalise like this.  Many people who discovered
enwiki first are greatly interested in other projects and in
collaboration.  I know many *do* collaborate.  Others support
collaboration but are unable to assist themselves, being without
sufficient time or linguisitic ability (I myself fall into the
not-enough-time category).

While I can see your grievances with certain enwiki users' actions,
please don't assume that all enwiki users are against inter-project
collaboration.

And I think you'll agree that Linuxbeak's aims -- to make Meta more
usable -- are in themselves healthy.  You may disagree with his
methods and his vision of a more usable Meta, but not with the aims in
themselves.

--
Sam