[Foundation-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Desysopping procedure against waerth

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:10:32 UTC 2006

Hoi,
I hope you realise that there is more to this than meets the eye.
Waerth has been doing things that were awfull. This list is not nice
and I will not bother you with a complete decomfiture. Understand that
I like Waerth as a person. I do admire his hard work. The fact is also
that I found it necessary to vote.

I have been warned on my user page by Waerth because I dared to
suggest that it would be good to take some time and reduce the number
of options to vote for in a block policy to something more manageable.
Some eight admins were threatened with a desysop procedure for the
same reason. It is abuse of power like this that made me decide to
vote.

The fact that vandals need to be dealt with does not mean that
everything is allowed in this fight. It may be true that much time was
wasted, but there is always another day.

I do not mind when you vote for Waerth, but when you do, please do it
after having learned the reasons why it came this far in the first
place.

Thanks,
   GerardM