[Commons-l] Anglo-Saxonisation of the commons

jkelly at fas.harvard.edu jkelly at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Dec 29 19:04:45 UTC 2006

   Hi,

Quoting Patrick-Emil Zörner <paddyez at yahoo.de>:

> I am quite appalled about how things have a nasty tendency to a nasty
> outcome on commons. München is being moved to Munich, Praha is moved
> to Prague,... and all on a specious kind of based argumentation. I
> know how the cities are called. I have seen the traffic signs! The
> cities are actually called München, Praha,...

  There's no reason why we shouldn't have a gallery at both [[Munich, Germany]]
and [[München, Deutschland]].  If people aren't interested in maintaining both,
then I suppose we could get really worked up about which one is the redirect and
which one is the actual gallery, but it is a pretty trivial thing to argue over.
 Categories are different, and should use English, with the goal of eventually
translating based on user preferences.

                     Jkelly