[Advocacy Advisors] Twitter v. Holder amicus brief

Stephen LaPorte slaporte at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 18 05:56:06 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We have joined six other organizations[1] in an amicus brief[2] in Twitter
v. Holder.[3] Twitter initiated this action against the US government to
establish the right to publish more detailed info about the number of
national security letters it receives in its transparency report.

[1] Aautomattic, Cloudflare, CREDOMobile, Medium, Sonic, and Wickr.
[2]
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/foundation/5/54/Twitter_v_Holder_amicus.pdf
[3] https://www.eff.org/cases/twitter-v-holder

--
Stephen LaPorte
Legal Counsel

*NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal and ethical
reasons, I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*