[Wiktionary-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] Re: Fwd: [Foundation-l] Import question

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Feb 18 18:30:57 UTC 2005

jellings wrote:

>Obviously my question has caused a serious issue.  I am thankful to
>those who have offered help.
>
>My goal was NOT to do a bulk loading into en.wiktionary.org or
>wikipedia.org via a bot or anything else.  I wanted to do this on my
>own installation from a file of my own work.  I tried looking around
>on different wiki groups for the answer but was unsuccessful.

You are certainly blameless in what you did.  What you did was a bit
like reaching to pull open a door only to find that someone was pushing
it at high speed on the other side.  Perhaps your intention was not
clearly expressed at first, but that happens to all of us.  You had no
way of knowing that automated processes would be so controversial.

Still, if you find a way to contribute some of your material I'm sure it
will be appreciated.  Good luck on your own installation.

Ec