[Wikisource-l] Copyright issues on Wikisource

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 05:46:38 UTC 2006

On 04/11/06, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 11/3/06, Yann Forget <yann at forget-me.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On behalf of the Wikisource contributors, I request an official advice
> > from the Wikimedia Foundation regarding copyright issues on Wikisource.
>
> There's an ongoing discussion on the Foundation-level about whether or
> not we should provide such advice to communities. In the meantime, it
> would probably be good for people in the community with legal
> expertise to self-organize as an open advisory group (juriwiki-l
> seemed to be going in that direction, I'm not sure how active it still
> is).

juriwiki was a closed list, I thought?

can you please let us know if the Foundation's current position of a
dignified silence changes, or if there is a permanent decision to
never provide any such advice (and if so, please summarise the
rationale and explain what projects of squabbling non-expert
*volunteers* are supposed to do, exactly)? Commons has been lining up
for some answers for a while now :P

Brianna
user:pfctdayelise