[Wikisource-l] Copyright issues on Wikisource

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Nov 3 23:50:01 UTC 2006

On 11/3/06, Yann Forget <yann at forget-me.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On behalf of the Wikisource contributors, I request an official advice
> from the Wikimedia Foundation regarding copyright issues on Wikisource.

There's an ongoing discussion on the Foundation-level about whether or
not we should provide such advice to communities. In the meantime, it
would probably be good for people in the community with legal
expertise to self-organize as an open advisory group (juriwiki-l
seemed to be going in that direction, I'm not sure how active it still
is).
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.