[Wikipedia-l] To Gerard re: Moldovan wiki

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 15:58:21 UTC 2006

Hoi,
You presume that you know what all people in Transnistria want, you
presume again with political arguments that people cannot have their
change. What you know of Transnistria is more than I do. History has
learned elsewhere that after a change there are always people who
yearned for the good old days...

As to Mark, you cannot deny that he puts efford in what he thinks
important. When you compare this with people who vote on Meta for a
new project just because they think something a good idea,  it is a
breath of fresh air. When you think that you know his politics because
of the quote that he uses, I am sure you do not understand Mark.

When some Russians are in favour, their reasons are certainly as
honourable as yours. The difference is that you want to achieve the
destruction of a wiki while your opponents want to preserve and
continue a wiki.

I did not really care either way but my sympathy is not with politics
and for many reasons I am not in favour of the deletion of wikis. The
agrassive way in which you seek to delete this project tipped my
sympathy. I do not vote, could not vote but I do voice my disaproval.

Thanks,
    GerardM