[Wikipedia-l] To Gerard re: Moldovan wiki

Bogdan Giusca liste at dapyx.com
Sat Mar 18 15:05:11 UTC 2006

Gerard, you forgot an important thing of this affair:
NO MOLDOVANS requested or wanted this Wikipedia.

We have *no* Transnistrian Moldovan contributors who want to write a
wikipedia in Cyrillic alphabet.

Its only supporters are Node_ue (the kid in Arizona who barely speaks the
language) and a few Russians who support it for ideological/political
reasons and who can't contribute anyway, as they don't know the
language.

There are no newspapers, no journals, no magazines, no books currently
published in Romanian Cyrillic in Transnistria. The children use
decades old schoolbooks from the time of the Soviet Union.

Virtually everyone there would like to switch the education system to
the Latin alphabet, but dissent is not something easy to do in a
totalitarian regime: there are some Romanian/Moldovan Transnistrians
in prison since 1991 for political dissent.

So, I'd say to close it now, not because of political reasons, but for
the simple fact there are not enough people to contribute to it.