[Wikipedia-l] Moldovan wikipedia?

Jacky PB dpotop1 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 18 12:25:11 UTC 2006

Well, it's not frozen.
An anonymous IP (I suspect it's Mark, a.k.a. User:Node_ue) and the belarussian Gabix are creating loads of two-line pages to prove that there is activity there.  Again, a political stunt, like those that made me write against this wikipedia after checking that Moldovans themselves are against it (or at best neutral, but never supporting or editing).

Cheers,
Dpotop

"Wikipedia Romania (Ronline)" <rowikipedia at gmail.com> wrote: >
> If you mean the Cyrillic script is a relic of the Cold War,
> that's not exactly accurate, Latin was made official in 1989, and a
> period of transition and confusion took place until about 1993~1995,
> by which time nearly all citizens knew Latin, whether they liked it or
> not. This isn't nessecarily the case in Transnistria, where, as Gerard
> noted, "people use it".
>
> Mark

Even though this in itself is not a particularly good reason against closing
down the Moldovan Wikipedia, the Cyrillic script for Moldovan is very much a
relic of the Cold War. This can be seen by the fact that Latin was
introduced in Moldova right after the Cold War. Transnistria itself can be
seen as relic of the Cold War - it's government still glorifies the symbols
of the USSR and Communism.

But, anyway, it's been agreed (see Anthere's message) that the Moldovan
Wikipedia should be frozen for any editing.

Ronline