[Wikipedia-l] Voting for the closing down of Moldovan Wikipedia

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 00:45:59 UTC 2006

Now it seems Dpotop is engaging in personal attacks:

"I suggest Moldovan users go there, because Node_ue is again spreading
FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt), which will make admins not to
accept the deletion, even though he is alone. His family must have
very strong anti-romanian feelings."

My family? Anti-Romanian feelings? Just because I support the
existance of Cyrillic content, means I hate all Romanians? Sorry, but
some of the conclusions people have drawn about me throught this
debate are crazy.

I've been accused of being a KGB agent, a Stalinist, a Smirnovist
agent, a Russian spy. Most of the accusations were by... Romanians! Do
I hate Romanians? No.

There are a few people online I don't like, and some of them happen to
be Romanians. On the other hand, there are many Romanians who I do
like. My feelings re:Cyrillic, Moldova, and Moldovan are totally
irrelevant.

Mark

On 07/03/06, Jacky PB <dpotop1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It seems that I need to justify my participation in this discussion.
>  I have two arguments for it:
>  1. Fluency in Moldovan.  By any linguistic standards I speak  the Moldovan
>  dialect of Romanian (with the accent). And I do it correctly. This fact alone
>  should allow me to participate in the vote and discussions. I can even read and write using cyrillic script. Correctly. :)
>  2.  I have relatives in the Republic of Moldova, and I know what they have
>  no linguistic identity problems. Just take a look in the list of Moldovan
>  editors: regardless of official politics (aimed at preserving good relations
>  with Russia), not one is for a moldovan wikipedia.
>  3. My participation into this discussion was subject to one strong rule: I have never entered in conflict with a Moldovan editor, for I believe they have the moral authority to do what they want with mo.wiki. What I have done was in line with their requirements.
>
>  Yours, [[:en:Dpotop]]

"Take away their language, destroy their souls." -- Joseph Stalin