[Wikipedia-l] Moldovan/Romanian

Bogdan Giusca liste at dapyx.com
Tue Mar 7 12:12:27 UTC 2006

Sorry for not replying to Mark's emails, but I think that discussing
politics and whether Romanian or French has a grammar closer to Latin
is off-topic on this list. :-)

Node, please do not accuse people for sockpuppetry without any
evidence: when Pavel was on #wikipedia, he had an IP address of
a .md ISP and since Freenode does not allow proxies, he really
must be in Moldova.

Also, we should not confuse this Romanian/Moldovan situation
with other situations where it's the debate whether a dialect/close
language should have a Wikipedia, like Scots/English or Serbian/Croat.

Nowadays, the dispute that "Moldovan" is different from "Romanian"
is absurd: even Voronin, the Moldovan president said that they're the
same language and just the name is different.