[Wikipedia-l] Voting for the closing down of Moldovan Wikipedia

Bogdan Giusca liste at dapyx.com
Sun Mar 5 23:19:10 UTC 2006

Since most content is (rather badly) transliterated from Romanian
Wikipedia and the few original articles are short and badly written,
I wouldn't say that the current content on mo.wiki has any value.

The transliteration between "Romanian" Latin alphabet and "Moldovan"
Cyrillic alphabet can be done pretty accurate by a script. I have made a
php script for testing and I think it could be improved to near 100%
accuracy, but I doubt it would be necessary.

Latin alphabet has been official in the Republic of Moldova for
the last 17 years and virtually all Moldovans can use it.
Then, there's the unrecognized territory of Transnistria where
Moldovan children are still taught in that alphabet, (although it's
not what they really want, see the 2004 crisis)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3631436.stm

There has been some discussion on whether Romanian Wikipedia should
have a Cyrillic alphabet section or that we should have a transliteration
script integrated, but the truth is that we have yet to find a Moldovan
willing to contribute using the Cyrillic alphabet.

As such, I think that it would be better to be a redirect.