[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia on iPod (Encyclopodia) available now

Ilya N. ilyanep at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 03:02:50 UTC 2006

What [computer] language is this written in?

I'd like to see a color version written for the 3G iPod w/ Photo (I
believe that's the first photo one right? Or did they start @ 4?), 4G
iPod, iPod Nano and 5G video iPod. Perhaps even have images included?
That would be awesome.

And maybe i could help a little bit with my VERY limited computer
programming skills [meaning we'd need someone good at programming w/ a
color iPod working with me].

The only thing I'm concerned about is "Disclaimer: Use this software
at your own risk. It might damage your iPod" Couldn't you just reset
the software if anything happened? I'm just sort of paranoid about my
day-old $300 baby :P

On 3/1/06, Robert Bamler <Robert.Bamler.epodia at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > A suggestion I would make as well concerns the call for donation you are
> > making. While it would be a donation for the work you did to have the
> > projects on the ipod itself, I think there might be a confusion in the
> > public mind that the donation is somehow related to the encyclopedia
> > itself.
>
> You've got a point there. OK, so this is what I'll do: I'll add a notice on
> the donation page that clarifyes that this is not Wikipedia. And I'll
> contact
> the board at wikimedia.org whether I'm allowed to use the term "Wikipedia"
> on
> my page.
>
> So, finally, I hope that everyone can sleep without fear tonight. But don't
> be
> too lazy, you've still got a lot to do [1] ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Robert
>
> [1]http://www.google.com/search?&q=wikipedia+-site%3Awikipedia.org+-site%3Awikimedia.org

~Ilya N.