[Wikipedia-l] User Jcb deleting articles in ia.wikipedia.org

ilooy ilooy.gaon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:39:34 UTC 2005

2005/11/24, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com>:
> Wake up! You are talking July and August _2004_ here! That's not last
> week, not last month, that's more than one year ago! And those
> deletions were not done by Jcb, he was not even on Wikipedia then!

That was one example of massive deletions.
There are other deletions which went on
on a regular basis which meant many
times there were minus new entries,
figure that one out on the tables.

> And apparently YOU don't know what's been going on either.
> And you're starting to annoy me. You find a sysop deleting pages, and:
> 1. You DON'T talk with him
> 2. You DON'T ask for his removal
> 3. You DON'T bring the pages back
> 4. You DO block him,

I've written before that this was going on.
I posted messages everywhere I could
to tell Jcb I was blocking him only until
the situation was resolved. There are
no records I can find of who or what
bot has been making deletions other
than Jcb. And he is the only other
sysop I didn't know well enough at
the wiki. He also has a bot at work
on the wiki, and no other admins do.
I wanted to put a stop to the situation
and look into it.

> And then you give him blame for things he cannot possibly have done!

No, I noticed that he was the admin who
was actively deleting pages. I noticed that
he was the only admin claiming to have
a bot at work in the wiki.

> The facts of the matter are:
> * Jcb has deleted some pages
> * ILVI has blocked Jcb

That's right.

> That's about the only thing we can be sure of.

Exactly.

> Also some things that definitely are NOT true, but that ILVI has claimed:
> * Jcb did NOT do the deletions of July-August 2004. He has been a
> moderator only since February/March 2005
> * Jcb did NOT delete anonymously. Deleting anonymously is simply impossible.

I didn't claim that Jcb did those particular
deletions. I stated that this type of deletions
were troubling and have been going on for
quite a while. When it was obvious that other
admins were not deleting pages and did not
have a bot at work on the wiki, the next step
for me was to put a block on him, although
Anthere said it probably doesn't work, but
I want to know if Jcb had anything to do with
not only deletions but disappearences of
new articles and edits.

And why are there so many negative
messages regarding this matter? What
would other wikis who have had this