[Wikipedia-l] Re: Zlatiborian, again

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sat Nov 5 13:34:01 UTC 2005

> I was thinking and I can say that I am not oppose to creation of
> Zlatiborian Wikipedia no articles about "Zlatiborian language" on
> English Wikipedia.

I can't make sense of this sentence. What does it mean?

> If people from community want to support hoaxes, I completely agree.

I'm beginning to think that Zlatiborian may be to Serbian as Scots (sco)
is to English and Plattdüütsch (nds) and Alemannic (als) are to German:
commonly considered dialects rather than separate languages, and without
an official orthography.

I used to think they're just hoaxes, too, and indeed the first articles
created in Plattdüütsch were just jokes (i.e. clearly aimed at being
funny to German speakers rather than at conveying encyclopedic
knowledge/information to Plattdüütsch speakers); [[nds:Nokieksel]] is
still like that and hasn't changed since 2nd June 2003. Now, I'm not
particularly active on sco, nds or als, so I don't know if this has
changed and whether those Wikipedias are now treated more seriously, but
I wouldn't be surprised if they're still mainly a playground for
dialectal silliness.

Nevertheless, I don't care that they exist. I think a "playground" can
help increase productivity in the serious projects, but even if it
doesn't, a humorous joke encyclopedia is a productive endeavour too.

Timwi