[Wikipedia-l] www.wikipedia.org portal

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 14:29:18 UTC 2005

NSK wrote:

>On Sunday 30 January 2005 07:32, Matt Brown wrote:
>

>>fine with Konqueror, and that Konqueror users are a seriously minor
>>percentage of the world's users, a blanket ban on CSS2 simply because
>>

>Discrimination against a browser because of its userbase is not a good thing.
>Never say "I don't support you because you are a minority". You could say
>that you can't support Konqueror becauce of the associated dev/admin work
>(which is exactly the reason why I don't officially support IE on my site
>http://www.wikinerds.org , only Mozilla and Konqueror are supported).

Discrimination is not a good thing. But letting software loose on the
world which is substandard is also not a good thing. There is little
choise but to bend over backwards and support Microsoft's broken
implementations of standards. With open source, you can scratch your own
itch. So work on the Konqueror implementation of CSS is called for,
alternatively use something that just works.

Thanks,
   GerardM