[Wikipedia-l] Stable version: Two steps?

Amaurea sigurdkn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 09:24:49 UTC 2005

> Not another poll!  The problem with such a process is that it reveals a
> divided community, which, by virtue of the poll finds it harder to seek
> out a compromise solution.
>
> I can live with either version  as the first version to appear as long
> as the other option is made *clearly* available.

Sure, finding a compromise, or convincing the other side, is fine, but
at some point you're going to have to either implement something or
not, and before you do that, how are you going to know what the
consensus is without a poll? As I said, judging from the messages to
this mailing list will not do, since only a miniscule fraction of
Wikipedia's users read it.