[Wikipedia-l] Stable version: Two steps?

Ben Yates bluephonic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 22:12:26 UTC 2005

Yeah, definitely not a poll.  We need to keep ironing out concensus,
and if at some point in that process there are two irreconcilable
alternative (I doubt that'll happen), only then should a poll be used.
 If you want more people involved, keep pointing them to
[[Wikipedia:Stable versions]] and [[Wikipedia talk:Stable versions]].

> Amaurea wrote:
>
> >On 12/30/05, Magnus Manske <magnus.manske at web.de> wrote:
> >

> >>It seems that for the stable version feature, there is much support for
> >>having a stable version, but not as much for displaying it by default.
> >>

> >Yes, this seems to be the case, but I think we should have a poll on
> >this on the Wikipedia itself, as visibly as possible, since at least
> >#2 (and imho #1 too) would be a big change. Judging support just from
> >the few participants in this discussion would give you an unreliable
> >result.
> >
> Not another poll!  The problem with such a process is that it reveals a
> divided community, which, by virtue of the poll finds it harder to seek
> out a compromise solution.
>
> I can live with either version  as the first version to appear as long
> as the other option is made *clearly* available.
>
> Ec

Ben Yates
Wikipedia blog - http://wikip.blogspot.com