[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] Re: Contributors list

Evan Prodromou evan at wikitravel.org
Fri Apr 30 14:37:54 UTC 2004

    MM> * We already list *all* contributors for the
    MM> page, in the page history.

I agree. However, it's difficult for downstream re-publishers to
distill all the names and IPs from the page history to a reasonable
attribution block. The RDF pages have it now; I just wanted to make it
clear on the article pages, too, so you could print out a page and
photocopy it and comply with licenses that require attribution.

For Wikitravel, we've had a couple of re-publishers who haven't given
attribution. I just wanted to make it easier to comply with our
license, which, by the way, isn't the GFDL.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan at wikitravel.org>
Wikitravel - http://www.wikitravel.org/