[Wikipedia-l] Re: <span>

David Friedland david at nohat.net
Tue Apr 27 14:56:38 UTC 2004

I wish you the best of luck in your campaign. I've asked for <span> tags
  TWICE before and got shot down twice with the explanation that <span>
tags make the wikitext harder to read (as though <div> tags were somehow
better) and that there should be some universal styles for styling
particular things, with wikiformatting tags to go along with them. I
hope you can be more convincing than I was. Of course, said universal
styles never got made and we go on, unable to make <span> tags, and with
no real substitute other than the long-deprecated <font> tag and its
friends. Enabling them requires changing exactly one line of code.

Sigh.

- David