[Wikipedia-l] Re: Perl

Pedro Fortuny pfortuny at sdf-eu.org
Fri Apr 16 19:07:18 UTC 2004

* Brian Corr <BCorr at NEAction.org> [2004-04-16]:
... (long snip).

> I appreciate that we want to weigh carefully the decision to remove
> someone's adminship, but it's clear to me that he received it by a
> carefully planned course of action -- perhaps even "scheming" is not too
> strong a word here -- and that he has not acted responsibly.

Notice that this is a very strong personal attack, even though you may
have thought carefully about it (of what I am sure). Especially because it
judges intentions (basically he wanted consciouly to deceive). This is
what I DO NOT see as a proper reason for desysoping. However:

> While he may
> end one specific problematic behavior, he often seems to find one that he
> hasn't been specifically warned about. To me, he obeys the letter of the
> law, but no its spirit.

Now this is a good reason, no intentions, no hidden motives. I agree that
*if this is  the case*, de-sysoping him ought to be taken as a serious
possibility. But I fear there are no adverts at his talk pages but since
today or yesterday and I fear taking action against someone without using
the proper channels will end up in a nasty and awful precedent. This is
for me the main reason to ask

a) That Perl not be de-sysoped for now
b) That if someone feels a sysop is misbehaving, (s)he be told AT HIS/HER
talk page.

> So I urge that he is desysopped, that the current policy proposal is
> reviewed by people and adopted, and that Perl can reapply if he wishes, and
> that the community can make a decision.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian (Bcorr)

Pedro.

--
Pedro Fortuny Ayuso: http://pfortuny.sdf-eu.org
Colegio Mayor Peñafiel, Universidad de Valladolid