[Wikipedia-l] A Fair Use Question

Pedro Fortuny pfortuny at sdf-eu.org
Fri Apr 16 09:02:39 UTC 2004

* The Zellers Family <mzellers at pacbell.net> [2004-04-16]:
> (...)
>
> I would argue that it would fall under any reasonable definition of fair
> use, but I'd like to get a second opinion before I cause any trouble.

For me, it sounds like quoting a passage of a book or quoting a part of a
scientific paper, which is quite reasonable. But IANAL.

> Just for future reference, assuming quoting the text is permissible, where
> would attaching an MP3 of that introduction fall?   I don't think it is
> worth it in this case, but I was just wondering where the edges are.

This I dunno.

As to footnoting the entries, I cannot say either.

Pedro.
--
Pedro Fortuny Ayuso: http://pfortuny.sdf-eu.org
Colegio Mayor Peñafiel, Universidad de Valladolid