[Wikipedia-l] Fascinating story mentions us

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu Apr 1 14:33:01 UTC 2004

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1080707285901

This story reflects favorably on us, I think.

Essentially, here's the story.  Someone noticed that the top search
result for "Jew" at Google was an anti-semitic site.  People offended
by this started a blogging campaign to counter this result with...
the Wikipedia article [[Jew]].

http://www.jewschool.com/2004_03_01_archive.php#107951205677851436

Is the weblog post that started it all.

"I'm going to suggest using Wikipedia's entry for Jew as the initial
(and official) link for this campaign, as it's the most inclusive,
non-denominational, and democratic source on the subject."