[Wikipedia-l] Disambiguation detector

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Wed May 28 19:42:48 UTC 2003

Lee Daniel Crocker wrote:
> I'm not convinced. I generally dislike the idea of automatic
> content of any kind--the content of Wikipedia should be created
> by human editors, and even disambiguation pages should each be
> crafted uniquely to suit the needs of the subject, not just stamped
> out of a template.

Yes, I seem to remember :-)

But this is not written into the content - just a display of (possible)
related links, like "what links here". Granted, links on "what links
here" are human-made, but so are page titles. We're bound to step onto
some false positives with this, but IMHO the advantages outweight that.
Unless, of course, it badly affects performance, which I doubt, given
the rather minor query (it uses "%", though...)

Magnus