[Wikipedia-l] Disambiguation detector

Lee Daniel Crocker lee at piclab.com
Wed May 28 16:32:05 UTC 2003

> (Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at gmx.de>):
>> I hacked a small function that automatically shows what might be
>> disambiguation pages below the page subtitle. This works for all pages with
>> a " (" in the title.
>
> Very cool feature, Magnus! This will save us a lot of manual "Alternate
> meaning" links. Now all we need is some kind of template/transclusion
> system so the disambiguation text does not need to be edited on 20342
> pages if it changes ..

I'm not convinced. I generally dislike the idea of automatic
content of any kind--the content of Wikipedia should be created
by human editors, and even disambiguation pages should each be
crafted uniquely to suit the needs of the subject, not just stamped
out of a template.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee at piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,