[Wikipedia-l] Re: I like BBS:es

Paul Ebermann Paul-Ebermann at gmx.de
Sat May 10 10:04:36 UTC 2003

"Hunter Peress" skribis:

> That people have no idea what has been addressed by Lee's email by just
> looking at the list of emails because of another point on
> http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_media (and which I also stated in
> the previous email, but was also not reincluded) OR to whom it was
> addressed as changing the title on a non-threaded system causes havoc.
>
> Namely: "where in a good threading system like slashdot's where you
>    know if there have been replies or not. Where you *can*
>    change the title of your repsonse while not worrying about its
>    placement in the thread."

I do not know how it looks like in the web-interface,
but my mailreader shows the messages threaded, independant
of the subject line.

(This sometimes causes trouble when people want to
 start an new thread by simply responding a message
 and changing the title.)

When you write your bbs-mail-interface, please continue
to use the References:-Mechanism.

Paul