[Wikipedia-l] Re: I like BBS:es

Hunter Peress hfastjava at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 21:53:46 UTC 2003

--- Lee Daniel Crocker <lee at piclab.com> wrote:
> > (Hunter Peress <hfastjava at yahoo.com>):
> > Now i've been ignored 2x in a row, and no one is even *capable*
> > of knowing about it.
>
> Jesus, get over yourself. Your messages came through just fine,
> and I and others read them. We just didn't reply because we
> didn't feel like it. If you think you have something important
> to say, just say it. If we ignore you again, then it's probably
> because /we/ didn't think it was that important.

My point was for it to be less about me, and more about my ideas that have yet to be addressed.

This response Lee just provided, shows two of my points that I have enumerated on
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_media :

That list based emails encourage the author to make each email stand on its own , which Lee
demonstrated by actually choosing not to re-include the important information, but only enough to
mount a small point of personal criticism.

AND

That people have no idea what has been addressed by Lee's email by just looking at the list of
emails because of another point on http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_media (and which I also
stated in the previous email, but was also not reincluded) OR to whom it was addressed as changing
the title on a non-threaded system causes havoc.

Namely: "where in a good threading system like slashdot's where you know if there have been
replies or not. Where you *can*
change the title of your repsonse while not worrying about its placement in the thread."