[Wikipedia-l] oldid (Re: Do we really need a Sifter project?)

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Sun Jul 27 13:10:31 UTC 2003

Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Also having a different name makes it clear that those articles are
> different than regular Wikipedia ones (a "stable" Wikipedia article is
> an oxymoron anyway).

I will start citing articles with oldid as follows:

    http://de.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Trier&oldid=218799

> We already have the experts - let's use them in Nupedia, revive the
> Nupedia brand as a stable, experted-approved distribution of Wikipedia
> and that will attract even more experts. All editing will still be on
> Wikipedia so every Nupedian is also a Wikipedian. I see this as
> setting-up great synergies between the two projects.

Sounds good to me (and I don't understand why we must discuss it at
all); nobody can prevent you from using article within a different
context as long as you respect the license.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |    _-\_<,
ke at suse.de (work) / keichwa at gmx.net (home)               |   (*)/'(*)