[Wikipedia-l] Digits/Letters search

Henk van Lingen henk+wikipedia at vanlingen.net
Fri Jan 10 15:09:49 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm new to Wikipedia (great project :-)) and faced the following
problem:

Searching on 'D66' (a dutch political party) gives an error. First
I thought it's because of the 3 chars (the error suggest so) but
searching for 'CDA' (another party) worked. Some looking around
learned me this is probably a MySQL thing. But the MySQL docs
say text searching is possible with both letters and digits.
And indeed '666' works.

Are combi's wrong?

Regards,