[Wikipedia-l] Conference paper online

Imran Ghory ImranG at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 9 23:02:05 UTC 2003

On 9 Jan 2003, at 21:57, Lars Aronsson wrote:

> I just put online the paper on wikis that I presented on November 7 at
> a conference on electronic publishing in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic.
> It gives a lot of credit to Larry Sanger and Jimmy Wales.
>
> Read it here, http://aronsson.se/wikipaper.html
> (This is a static HTML page...)
>
> If you have a pointer to any earlier paper on wikis appearing in a
> scholarly/scientific journal or at a conference, I'd like to know.

Have a look at the papers by Mark Guzdial and "The Reengineering
Wiki"  by Arie van Deursen and Eelco Visser. Also although not on
wikis a related article was presented at one of the early
International World Wide Web conference (IIRC. It was the fourth
one, but I'm not certain.)

Imran
--
http://bits.bris.ac.uk/imran