[Wikinews-l] Todo list/Wikinews Future Talk 3

Craig Spurrier craig at craigweb.net
Sun Aug 14 00:52:38 UTC 2005

Hello,
I think a third future talk is a great idea. I do however have a few
issues with this proposal.

The date appears to be randomly chosen. IRC and any other real time
methods will exclude people based upon timezones and available times.
All of the other future talks times have been chosen by creating a page
with a list of possible times, and having people indicate what
dates/times they are available. The date/time with the most people
available is then used. If they are unable to make the listed times,
they are encouraged to list what times they would be able to make.

My second issue with this is the inclusion of the WNN proposal in the
items to discus. This proposal has been discussed many times, and the
results are always the same, people arguing with nothing accomplished.
The WNN proposal if it is to survive, needs either to be ignored until
the project can support it, or for the previous discussions to be acted
upon.

My third issue with it is Nick moderating it, no past future talk has
been moderated, and I do not think it should be especially by some one
with such strong opinions on many of the topics

Craig Spurrier